The ILDS prioritises the health and safety of our Secretariat team in London, our Board Members, Members and those that we work with around the world. Therefore, the ILDS has taken the following steps:
- ILDS Secretariat:
- The ILDS staff is working from home indefinitely and the ILDS office in London is closed to visitors. The Secretariat can be contacted during office hours (Monday to Friday) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or on their usual email addresses.
- ILDS and IFD Meetings and Conferences:
- The ILDS has cancelled its in person participation in a number of upcoming meetings and conferences and will review this decision periodically.
- A number of ILDS and IFD meetings, including the Migrant Dermatology Health Conference, are being rescheduled or reorganised as virtual meetings using tele or video-conferencing facilities. If you were due to attend an ILDS/IFD meeting you will be contacted about this directly.
- ILDS Member Organisations: we understand that these are challenging times as we all adapt to working virtually. We will need to embrace other methods of working including maximising the potential of videoconferencing to stay in touch.
The ILDS will continue to offer our Members a range of opportunities to engage with us throughout this period and will endeavour to be flexible within the constraints of operating in this environment.
- ILDS Certificates of Appreciation Nominations 2020 – deadline extended to 30 April 2020 – we recognise that you will have other priorities at the moment and so have extended the deadline for nominations by 6 weeks to 30 April.
- ILDS Membership fees 2020 – if you have not yet paid your annual membership fees and it would be difficult to at this time please do contact the ILDS office on email@example.com to discuss this.
- Topic and speaker submissions for 25th World Congress of Dermatology (WCD) – during April we will be asking ILDS Members for their suggestions for topics and speakers for next WCD to be held in Singapore in 2023.
- Let us know how we can support each other: we welcome exchange with regards to the challenges for you and your members face and how we can share experiences which will be beneficial to us all in this fast-changing situation. Please share your experiences by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- ILDS and IFD Partners and Grant Recipients: we understand that your project plans may be changing in response to the situation. Please do contact us at any time if you’d like to discuss how this affects projects and activities.