2020 Certificate of Appreciation Recipients Announced
7 July 2020
The ILDS is pleased to announce the recipients for this year’s Certificate of Appreciation. This award recognises dermatologists and others in the field of dermatological care who have made an outstanding contribution to International Leadership or Humanitarian Dermatology.
These are dermatologists that have shown international leadership which has had an impact on global health policies and practices, furthering cross-border research, education and empowerment of dermatologists, their societies and the public. They are individuals who have been undertaking their work in a selfless, humanitarian and not-for-profit manner to improve the skin health of people in under-served areas of the world.
Congratulations to the 11 Certificate of Appreciation 2020 recipients. We received a substantial number of nominations and as we only give a small number of Awards each year, this means that there are many fine dermatologists whom we were unable to include at this time.
The next round of Award nominations opens in December 2020. Sign up to our Newsletter to keep up to date with all ILDS activities.
Certificate of Appreciation 2020
- Professor Christine Bodemer (European Society for Pediatric Dermatology)
- Professor Peter Elsner (German Dermatological Society)
- Professor Dirk Elston (American Hair Research Society)
- Professor Giampiero Girolomoni (Italian Society of Dermatology)
- Dr. Mauricio Goihman-Yahr (American Academy of Dermatology)
- Professor Iwatsuki Keiji (Japanese Dermatological Association)
- Professor Yoshiki Tokura (Japanese Society for Investigative Dermatology)
- Dr. Sulamita Costa Wirth Chaibub (Brazilian Society of Dermatology)
- Dr. Nejib Doss (Pan Arab League of Dermatology)
- Dr. Sanjeev Vaishampayan (Indian Association of Dermatologists, Venerologists and Leprologists)
- Dr. Furen Zhang (Chinese Society of Dermatology)