2021 Certificate of Appreciation Recipients Announced
13 July 2021
The ILDS is pleased to announce the recipients for this year’s Certificate of Appreciation. This award recognises dermatologists and others in the field of dermatological care who have made an outstanding contribution to International Leadership or Humanitarian Dermatology.
These are dermatologists that have shown international leadership which has had an impact on global health policies and practices, furthering cross-border research, education and empowerment of dermatologists, their societies and the public. They are individuals who have been undertaking their work in a selfless, humanitarian and not-for-profit manner to improve the skin health of people in under-served areas of the world.
Congratulations to the 12 Certificate of Appreciation 2021 recipients. We received a substantial number of nominations and as we only give a small number of Awards each year, this means that there are many fine dermatologists whom we were unable to include at this time.
The next round of Award nominations opens in December 2021. We will also open for nominations for the Young Dermatologist Achievement Awards, which will be presented during the WCD in Singapore in 2023. Sign up to our Newsletter to keep up to date with all ILDS activities.
Certificate of Appreciation 2021
- Professor Masutaka Furue (Japanese Dermatological Association)
- Professor Eckart Haneke (International Society for Dermatologic Surgery)
- Professor Herbert Hönigsmann (Austrian Society for Dermatology and Venereology)
- Professor Amy Paller (International Society of Pediatric Dermatology)
- Dr. George Reizner (International Society of Dermatology)
- Professor Lidia Rudnicka (Polish Dermatological Society)
- Professor H. Peter Soyer (International Dermoscopy Society)
- Dr. Robert Brodell (American Dermatological Association)
- Dr. Gabriel Gontijo (American Academy of Dermatology)
- Dr. Narendra Kamath Karkala (Indian Association of Dermatologists, Venerologists and Leprologists)
- Dr. Maria Cristina Puyat (Philippine Academy of Dermatological Surgery Foundation)
- Professor Wilfried Schmeller (German Dermatological Society)