Certificate of Appreciation 2019 Recipients
12 July 2019
The ILDS is pleased to announce the recipients for this year’s Certificate of Appreciation. This award recognises dermatologists and others in the field of dermatological care who have made an outstanding contribution to International Leadership or Humanitarian Dermatology.
These are dermatologists that have shown international leadership which has had an impact on global health policies and practices, furthering cross-border research, education and empowerment of dermatologists, their societies and the public. They are individuals who have been undertaking their work in a selfless, humanitarian and not-for-profit manner to improve the skin health of people in under-served areas of the world.
Congratulations to the 14 Certificate of Appreciation 2019 recipients. We received a substantial number of nominations and as we only give a small number of Awards each year, this means that there are many fine dermatologists whom we were unable to include at this time.
The next round of Award nominations opens in December 2019. Sign up to our Newsletter to keep up to date with all ILDS activities.
Certificate of Appreciation 2019
- Dr Werner Aberer – (Austrian Society for Dermatology and Venereology)
- Dr George Cotsarelis – (American Hair Research Society)
- Dr Fukumi Furukawa – (Japanese Society for Investigative Dermatology)
- Dr Joan Guitart – (American Society of Dermatopathology)
- Dr Roland Kaufmann – (German Dermatological Society)
- Dr Bhushan Kumar – (Indian Association of Dermatologists, Venerologists and Leprologists)
- Dr Kiyoshi Nishioka – (Japanese Dermatological Association)
- Dr Piergiacomo Calzavara-Pinton – (Italian Society of Dermatology)
- Dr Ma. Luisa Abad-Venida – (Philippine Dermatological Society)
- Dr Manzoor Hussain Memon – (Pakistan Association of Dermatologists)
- Dr Si Yong Kim – (Korean Dermatological Association)
- Dr Dieter Reinel – (German Dermatological Society)
- Dr Andrew Simone – (Canadian Dermatology Association)
- Dr Joshipura Suresh – (Asian Dermatological Association)