A thank you to our retiring Board Directors
25 June 2019
ILDS President, Harvey Lui, presented Board Service Medals to the 10 ILDS Directors who retired at the 24th World Congress of Dermatology: Jean Bolognia, Raúl Cabrera, Chris Griffiths, Chung-Hong Hu, Hemangi Jerajani, Thomas Luger, David Pariser, Jerry Shapiro, Wolfram Sterry and Xuejun Zhang. Adebola Ogunbiyi’s term as an ILDS Associate Director also came to an end during the Congress.
We are grateful for all the time and expertise that our Directors have shared with the ILDS and thank them wholeheartedly for their contribution towards our vision of Skin Health for the World.
Some key achievements during their tenure have been:
- Rebranding of the ILDS; new logo, website and newsletter
- Expansion of ILDS Secretariat to increase capacity and expand areas of work
- 26 new Members joined the ILDS community
- Development and delivery of WCD2019 Scientific Programme
- Hugely successful WCD held in Milan with over 16,000 participants in attendance
- Development and delivery of the WHO’s ICD-11 Dermatology Section
- 2nd ILDS World Skin Summit in Vietnam
- Publication and translation of the ILDS Glossary of Cutaneous Lesions into 10 languages
- Translation of the Community Skin Health Journal into French and Spanish
- Relaunch of the joint ILDS/ISD World Skin Health Day campaign