ILDS DermLink Applications
There are 3 types of ILDS DermLink grant:
- Materials and Equipment – up to US$3,000 for dermatological materials and equipment
- Individual Training – up to US$3,000 for short-term dermatological training for an individual
- Field or Community Projects – up to US$5,000 for projects in resource-poor regions lasting no more than 12 months
ILDS DermLink grants are awarded on a competitive basis following consideration by the International Foundation for Dermatology (IFD) Committee and ratification by the ILDS Board.
Criteria include identified needs, impact for investment and sustainability.
- Applications must be made by an ILDS member organisation in good standing (membership fees are paid up to date as at the deadline of submission)
- Applications must be in English using the application form
- Applications must assist dermatology in low-resource regions
- Projects addressing Tropical Dermatology or Migration Health are encouraged
- Successful applicants must acknowledge the grant in all related activities
- Successful applicants will be expected to commit to ILDS/IFD reporting requirements
- All grants must be used within 12 months of being awarded
- Only one application per ILDS Member organisation per year
- Previously supported projects will not be considered by the IFD Committee
- Collaborations between organisations and/or countries are welcomed
- The collaborating organisation applying for the funds will need to have a bank account that accepts funds in US Dollars. Funds will not be paid into a personal bank account
- The grant should not be used for any research projects
The deadline for submitting an ILDS DermLink application is 28 February 2022.