Assembly of Delegate Nominations
The ILDS Ordinary General Meeting (Assembly of Delegates) takes place during the World Congress of Dermatology.
Types of Delegate
- ILDS Member Societies and Affiliated Member Societies can nominate Delegate representatives to attend and vote on their behalf.
- ILDS Observer Societies and non-member dermatological organisations may each nominate a representative to attend as an observer. Approval will be given by the Board on a space-available basis. Observers cannot vote but can speak at the General Meeting with the consent of the President.
How Delegate numbers are calculated
- Member Society delegates are calculated according to the number ‘fee-paying members’ within a country using the formula below.
- Affiliated Member Societies are entitled to one (1) Delegate.
- Observer Societies and non-member dermatological organisations may each nominate a representative to attend as an observer. Approval will be given by the Board on a space-available basis.
If there are multiple Members within a country then the following rules are applied.
Where there is more than one Member Society in a country each Member Society shall be entitled to nominate one (1) Delegate provided that:-
- if this would cause the maximum number of Delegates for the Member Societies in that country calculated in accordance with (1) above to be exceeded, the Delegates for that country shall be nominated by agreement between the Member Societies in that country;
- if after each Member Society in a country has nominated a Delegate, the country is entitled to a further Delegate or Delegates, such further Delegate or Delegates shall be nominated by agreement between the Member Societies in the country; and
- if the Member Societies cannot agree on the nomination of Delegates for the purposes of (i) and (ii) above, the Directors shall make the decision and such decision shall be final and binding.
In calculating the number of Delegates, account shall only be taken of members in respect of whom the Member Society has paid membership fees to the Charity for the calendar year in which the relevant General Meeting is to take place.